The Westview School Health Updates and Information
The Westview School is currently at a LEVEL 1 status.
Westview will observe the following protocol:
Level 1 (Actively monitoring reported cases in Harris County or local area)
- More frequently clean common areas including door hardware, water fountains, etc.
- Communicate precautions to avoid spreading COVID-19
- Communicate to staff and students to stay home if sick
Level 2 (Community Spread cases in Harris County)
- Continue to monitor and communicate with Harris County Public Health Dept.
- Increase cleaning efforts to expand to less frequently used areas in addition to common areas
- Potentially limit large gatherings to only essential events or consider postponing events
- Potentially limit outside visitors and guests
- Communicate to families to keep sick children home
- Communicate to staff to stay home if sick
- Develop contingency plans for distance learning
Level 3 (Confirmed cases among students and/or staff)
- Potentially cancel all school events
- Potentially cancel all school-related travel
- In consultation with Harris County Public Health Dept., potentially close school
- Communicate to families the extent of closures, length, and school-work accommodations
- In the event of school closure, communicate to staff which staff members are to report to duty to maintain services
- Perform a deep clean of all areas