Intensive clinics are designed for those who need extra help to master new skills that will help them when moving on to the next academic level (academic enrichment is more of a “review” of skills and will not present new material). A 3-week commitment is expected for clinics since skills will be built over the duration of the session; if you will be missing a week due to vacation, it is recommended that your child do tutoring instead.
Who – Lower Elementary to Middle School
When - Offered in 3-week sessions, June 3-20 and July 8-25, Monday through Thursday. (No Fridays.) Exact times will be arranged based on the group’s availability. Once you sign up, you will be contacted to discuss specific needs and requests. We will do our best to coordinate times for those who are attending academic enrichment and other programs. Please direct questions to Brooke Benson: BBenson@westviewschool.org.
Clinic fees are billed at the beginning of each session. MISSED SESSIONS WILL NOT BE REFUNDED, and a 3-week commitment is expected for each session. Assessments will be completed as part of the session and fee, if needed.
Available programs and cost per 3-week session:
• ½ hour one-on-one clinics for math, reading and writing: $525
• 1 hour one-on-one clinics for math, reading and writing: $775
• 1 hour small group for math: $525 – (designed for 2nd grade level and up)
• 1 hour small group for reading: $525 – (designed for 2nd grade level and up) This is designed for those who have a 1-2 year gap and would like to catch up. This is not an appropriate class for a 5-year-old who cannot yet read, but instead for students in 2nd grade and up who need extra help catching up.
• 1 hour small group for writing: $525 – (designed for 4th grade level and up)
• 1 hour large group math class: $350 (designed for 4th grade level and up) A large majority of math class curriculum will cover new topics and help students prepare for the upcoming year.
• 1 hour large group book study: $350 (designed for 4th grade level and up) This class is designed for 4th grade curriculum and up.